Magnus Egerstedt is the Steve W. Chaddick School Chair of the Georgia Tech School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the largest program of its kind in the United States with over 2,500 students and over 110 faculty members.
From 2016-2018, Dr. Egerstedt served as the executive director for the Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Machines and held the Julian T. Hightower Chair in Systems and Controls in the School of ECE. He holds secondary appointments in the Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, the School of Interactive Computing, and the Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering.
Dr. Egerstedt received the M.S. degree in Engineering Physics and the Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics from the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, the B.A. degree in Philosophy from Stockholm University, and was a Postdoctoral Scholar at Harvard University. He conducts research in the areas of control theory and robotics, with particular focus on control and coordination of complex networks, such as multi-robot systems, mobile sensor networks, and cyber-physical systems.
Dr. Egerstedt is a Fellow of the IEEE, and has received a number of teaching and research awards, including the Ragazzini Award from the American Automatic Control Council, the Outstanding Doctoral Advisor Award and the HKN Outstanding Teacher Award from Georgia Tech, and the Alumni of the Year Award from the KTH Royal Institute of Technology. He was elected as a Foreign Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences in 2019.
- Control Theory
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Complex Networks
- O. Hugo Schuck Award from the American Automatic Control Council, 2019
- Foreign Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, 2019
- Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award, School of ECE, Georgia Tech, 2018
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Best Multi-Robot Systems Paper Award, 2017
- John R. Ragazzini Education Award, American Automatic Control Council, 2015
- Georgia Tech Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Advisor Award, 2015
- W. Marshall Leach, Jr./Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Senior Teacher Award, 2013
- Royal Institute of Technology Alumni of the Year Award, 2013
- IEEE Fellow, 2012
Please refer to http://magnus.ece.gatech.edu/index_publications.html for a list of Dr. Egerstedt’s publications.
Last revised November 18, 2019