Official Job Title
Endowed Chair and Professorships Titles
Motorola Solutions Foundation Professor
Technical Interest Group(s)
Sung Kyu Lim was born and grew up in Seoul, Korea, and moved to Los Angeles with his family at the age of 19. He received B.S. (1994), M.S. (1997), and Ph.D. (2000) degrees all from the Computer Science Department of University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). During 2000-2001, he was a post-doctoral scholar at UCLA, and a senior engineer at Aplus Design Technologies, Inc.
In August 2001, he joined the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology an assistant professor. He is currently the director of the GTCAD (Georgia Tech Computer Aided Design) Laboratory at the School.
He recently released a CD with his rock band in Los Angeles and spends his leisure time writing/recording music.
- Physical design automation for VLSI circuits
- 3D circuit/packaging layout automation
- Quantum circuit layout automation
- Micro-architecture design space exploration
- Layout automation for reconfigurable circuits
- Graph theory and combinatorial optimization
Distinctions & Awards
- Advisory Board Member of ACM Special Interest Group on Design Automation (SIGDA) since 2003
- Technical Program Committee Member of ICCD, ISPD, ISCAS, ASPDAC, and GLSVLSI
- NSF CAREER Award, 2006
Tuesday, 18 April 2023 2:07 PM EDT