J. Stevenson Kenney was born in St. Louis, MO in 1962. He received the BSEE, MSEE, and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, all from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1985, 1990, and 1994, respectively. Dr. Kenney has over 14 years of industrial experience in wireless communications. He has held engineering and management positions at Electromagnetic Sciences, Scientific Atlanta, Pacific Monolithics, and Spectrian. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE and the Microwave Theory and Techniques Society.
In January 2000, Dr. Kenney returned to Georgia Tech as Associate Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Dr. Kenney has authored or co-authored more than 100 technical papers in the areas of microwave electronics, acoustics, and signal processing.
- RF and Microwave Power Amplifier Design
- Behavioral Simulation and PA Linearization
- Advanced RFIC Design
- Phase Shifters and Beam Forming Networks for Smart Antennas
- Elected Member of MTT-S AdCom for 10 years
- 2007 MTT-S President
- MTT-S Treasurer 2001-2003
- Recipient of the 2005 MTT-S Applications Award