ECE Course Syllabus
ECE4043 Course Syllabus
Senior Analog Electronics Laboratory (1-3-2)
- CMPE Degree
- This course is Elective for a CMPE degree.
- EE Degree
- This course is Elective for an EE degree.
- Course Coordinator
- ECE 3040 [min C] and ECE 3043 [min C]
- Catalog Description
- Experiments in analog electronics using discrete devices and off-the-shelf integrated circuits.
- Leach, Brewer, & Robinson, Experiments in Analog Electronic Circuits (1st edition), Kendall Hunt, 2012. ISBN 1465232419, ISBN 9781465232410 (required)
- Student Outcomes
In the parentheses for each Student Outcome:
"P" for primary indicates the outcome is a major focus of the entire course.
“M” for moderate indicates the outcome is the focus of at least one component of the course, but not majority of course material.
“LN” for “little to none” indicates that the course does not contribute significantly to this outcome.
- ( LN ) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- ( LN ) An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- ( LN ) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- ( LN ) An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- ( LN ) An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- ( LN ) An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- ( LN ) An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Topical Outline
1. Discrete Feedback Amplifiers a. Series Shunt b. Shunt Series c. Shunt Shunt d. Series Series 2. Current Sources a. JFET b. BJT c. MOSFET d. Current Mirrors 3. Switched Capacitor Filters a. Low Pass b. High Pass c. Bandpass d. Notch 4. Discrete Voltage Regulator a. Open Loop b. Feedback Error Correction c. Foldback Current Limiting 5. Discrete Oscillators a. Colpitts b. Clapp c. Emitter-Coupled 6. Discrete Op-Amp a. Differential Input b. Gain Stage c. Push Pull Output d. Slew Behavior 7. Design Project a. A task involving circuits previously developed
© 2020 Georgia Institute of Technology