Dr. Ma received the B.S. degree in Automatic Control from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China in 1998, the M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Virginia in 2000, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Minnesota in 2003.
After receiving her Ph.D., she joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Auburn University, where she served as an assistant professor until 2005. Since spring 2006, she has been with the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech.
- Signal processing for communications and networks
- Signal estimation algorithms
- Coding theory
- Wireless communication theory
- Sensor and ad hoc networks
Distinctions & Awards
- Member of IEEE
- Guest editor for EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing
- Five U.S. patents in the areas of space-time coding and OFDM
- Outstanding Reviewer of the Year, IEEE Control System Society, 1999
Tuesday, 18 April 2023 2:43 PM EDT