Georgia Tech among top 100 universities for U.S. utility patents
National Academy of Inventors and the Intellectual Property Owners Association Names Top Utility Patent-Receiving Universites
Georgia Tech is among the top 100 universities for the number of U.S. utility patents granted in 2014, according to a list released Wednesday by the National Academy of Inventors and the Intellectual Property Owners Association.
The list is based on data from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Georgia Tech ranked No. 25 with 78 patents. Other Georgia universities on the list are: Emory ranked No. 58 with 35 patents and UGA ranked No. 73 with 30 patents.
The top 15 universities:
- The University of California System
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Stanford University
- University of Texas
- California Institute of Technology
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation
- Johns Hopkins University
- Columbia University
- University of Michigan
- National Tsing Hua University (Taiwan)
- Korea Institute of Science Technology
- University of South Florida
- University of Pennsylvania
- The Institute of Microelectronics of Chinese Academy of Science
Laura Day Reilly, APR
Georgia Tech Manufacturing Institute
Last revised May 21, 2019