Alenka Zajić joined the faculty of Georgia Tech's School of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Fall 2012. She received B.S. (2001) and M.S. (2003) degrees from the School of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade and a Ph.D. (2008) in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Georgia Tech. From 2001 to 2003, she was a design engineer for Skyworks Solutions. In 2009, she was awarded the Naval Research Laboratory Postdoctoral Fellowship and spent one year at NRL in Washington D.C. From 2010 to 2012, she was a visiting assistant professor in School of Computer Science at Georgia Tech.
Professor Zajić received the Best Paper Award at ICT'08, the Best Student Paper Award at WCNC'07, and was the recipient of the Dan Noble Fellowship in 2004. She authored Mobile-to-Mobile Wireless Channels, the first book in the field of mobile-to-mobile wireless channel modeling. She serves regularly as a consultant to industry.
- On-Chip and Off-Chip Interconnects and Communication in Computer Systems
- Mobile-to-Mobile Wireless Channel Modeling and Measurements
- Underwater Wireless Channel Modeling and Measurements
- Electromagnetic Security and Compatibility
- Applied Electromagnetics
- Wireless Communications
- 2012, Editor for IEEE Transactions of Wireless Communications
- 2009, American Society for Engineering Education and Naval Research Laboratory Fellowship
- 2008, International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT) Best Paper Award
- 2007, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) Best Student Paper Award
- 2004, Dan Noble Fellowship awarded by Motorola Inc. and IEEE Vehicular Technology Society for quality impact in the area of vehicular technology
A. G. Zajić, "Estimation of mobile velocities and direction of movement in mobile-to-mobile wireless fading channels," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 61, pp. 130-139, Jan. 2012.
J. Oh, M. Prvulović, and A. Zajić, "TLSync: support for multiple fast barriers using on-chip transmission lines," Proc. of 38th annual Intl. Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA'11), June 2011.
A. G. Zajić, "Statistical modeling of MIMO mobile-to-mobile underwater channels," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 1337-1351, 2011.
A. G. Zajić, G. L. Stüber, T. G. Pratt, and S. Nguyen, "Wideband MIMO mobile-to-mobile channels: geometry-based statistical modeling with experimental verification," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, pp. 517-534, February 2009.
A. G. Zajić and G. L. Stüber, "Space-time correlated mobile-to-mobile channels: modeling and simulation," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 57, pp. 715-726, March 2008.
A. R. Djordjević, A. G. Zajić, and M. M. Ilić, "Enhancing the gain of helical antennas by shaping the ground conductor," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 5, pp. 138-140, December 2006.
Last revised August 31, 2020