For those who have always had a passion for problem solving and a deep desire to harness the power of technology, the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech is the place to do it. The breadth and depth of our quality graduate program build upon a firm ground of the basics and advance your cutting-edge technical knowledge. On any given day, our school of bright minds is hard at work on hundreds of projects, issues, experiments, and opportunities—real work that has real impact in the real world.
- We have the largest ECE graduate academic program in the United States.
- With over 110 faculty members, ECE covers a broad range of research topics and offers over 100 graduate-level ECE courses.
- ECE is home to 11 areas of specialization, 19 research centers, and numerous laboratories.
- Since 2010, ECE has averaged $51 to $58 million per year in corporate, governmental and research foundation support.
- Our graduates are among the most sought-after in the world, employed with the world's top high-tech companies and research universities and in governmental agencies and small businesses.
ECE Graduate Academic Programs
ECE graduate degree options at Georgia Tech include the M.S.E.C.E. non-thesis option, the M.S.E.C.E. thesis option, and the Ph.D. Students interested in interdisciplinary degrees may work towards an M.S. in Cybersecurity or Bioengineering. Georgia Tech also offers a Ph.D. in Robotics, Machine Learning, or Bioengineering.
Thesis degrees may be pursued at the main Georgia Tech campus in Atlanta, Georgia; Georgia Tech Shenzhen in China; and Georgia Tech-Lorraine in France. Additionally, the M.S. degree can be obtained anywhere in the world through our distance learning degree program.
For more specific information, please select the links below.
- Master of Science Degree Requirements
- Ph.D. Degree Requirements
- Distance Learning M.S. Degree
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science and Ph.D. in Bioengineering
- Master of Science in Robotics
- Ph.D. in Robotics
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning
- Biorobotics Certificate Program
- MEMS Certificate Program
- Georgia Tech Lorraine and Georgia Tech Lorraine Double Degree Program
- Master’s Degree Program in Shenzhen, China
Last revised August 28, 2020